DIY Dhat Sweater!!

Hey Ya'll!! It's been a HOT minute...years... LOL But I'm backkkk!! :) 

I've been really into revamping my wardrobe, and I've always had a thing for re-constructing fashion, and giving old pieces a new look. And it doesn't hurt to be eco-friendly, even though I love fast fashion every once in a while and plus #DIY projects are my way of relieving stress and getting my creativity on. 

Check out how I DIY'd this simple sweater that can be styled in many ways.



The before.. an unflattering boxy red sweater! I've worn it many times and its so on trend having the cut outs and the side openings on sweaters that I LOVE!! 

(Sorry, I definitely had more photos and even videos.. but my camera.. which I haven't used for years is not recording videos anymore... Sooo no videos yet.. and the youtube channel will not go live yet).

On to the proyecto, It is so easy to do! 

All you need Scissors, Yarn, a large knitting sewing needle, Seam Rippers and pins. 
  • Measure out how long your Side opening you want it to be. I put it it on myself and then measured to the amount I liked. 
  • Then grab your handy dandy seam ripper, and carefully seam rip the stitch holding the front and back together. 
  • Fold the seams in ward to desired shape and pin together, and whipstitch it together. Do this on both sides and viola its donezo!! :) 

TIP: When working with old knit sweaters try not to actually cut into the knit fabric because it will make it unravel. Instead work with the seams and openings. 

Here are 3 ways I styled my sweater: 


Look 1: A fun, fall and playful day out, or day date, casual look. 


Look 2: Dress it up, throw on a statement necklace, heels and you're good to go!! For any holiday party or any time... bc red is one of my favorite colors to wear!!

Matty M - Leggings, Pour La Victoire Shoes, Forever 21-Blingy Necklace.



Look 3: Sporty-ish day to day look. Put on a tough cuff and long boots and you're ready to kick it!

Cuff- Made by me, Boots - Franco Sarto.

Lately, I've been keeping my looks super simple and wearable.

How do you DIY your sweaters? My next project is this awesome scarf that I designed that can be worn sooo many different ways!!! And for that one, I'm definitely going to attempt to make a video bc its way more fun with video!!

Happy Sunday Ya'll!!

<3 Kelly 

Follow me on: Instagram / Facebook/ Pinterest


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Loves!! Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading each and everyone of them!! <3 <3